Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide / macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ).
We are currently seeking a creative and motivated scientist for our phage display / protein engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in molecular biology, qPCR, biochemical assay development, and cell culture. This candidate will have good hands in the lab, work with minimal supervision and function effectively as part of a team.
This is a key position in the M13 phage library panning workflow. All applicants must be prepared to provide demonstrated experience in the following:
- Intermediate level molecular biology including cloning in various formats
- qPCR assays, primer design and troubleshooting
- Assay development including protein pulldowns, ELISA, Western blot, flow cytometry
- Eukaryotic and prokaryotic cell culture experience
Additional consideration will be given to individuals with experience in the following:
- Phage amplification, purification, plaque assays
- Panning experience in any format
- Experience with library construction and/or screening
- Protein expression and characterization
- Organic chemistry background
- Bioinformatics and programming background
- Flexible work hours including night shifts and weekends
- Experience with stem cells, primary cell culture
- MSc. in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, or related molecular biology discipline
- Minimum 2 years hands-on experience working in a molecular biology lab
This full-time position has a term length of one year, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com