Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide/macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v).
We are currently seeking an experienced or early career peptide chemist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience with peptide synthesis, modification, and characterization. The successful candidate will be able to work with minimal supervision, develop and improve existing synthetic protocols dealing with the creation, characterization, and purification of peptides and peptide-based molecules.
This is a key technical position focused mainly on peptide synthesis, modification, and purification. The successful candidate will be using and optimizing procedures to perform solid phase peptide synthesis on automatic peptide synthesizer, to chemically modify them, and to purify the final compounds using HPLC or CombiFlash chromatography.
Applicants must be prepared to discuss their experience in the following:
- Peptide chemistry
- Familiarity with various purification techniques such as HPLC, CombiFlash etc.
- Must be able to process numerous compounds (lyophilization, compound transfer), interpret quality control analyses (e.g. characterization by LCMS, etc.) and prepare shipments of purified compounds.
- Must be able to use Chemdraw, MS office.
- Data management: Keeping clear records of received materials, routine protocols, and experimental results, along with maintaining the online information system.
- Reporting summaries of results to the supervisor.
- MSc. or PhD in chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience in peptide synthesis and modification.
- Experience with HPLC and/or CombiFlash chromatography, LCMS for characterization and/or purification of peptides.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present the experimental results in a clear and comprehensive way.
- This full-time position has a term length of 12 month, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com