Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide/macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v).
We are currently seeking a synthetic organic chemist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience with organic synthesis, aqueous reactions, and characterization. This candidate will carry-out and improve existing synthetic protocols dealing with the synthesis, modification, characterization, and purification of peptides and related molecules on a short timeline.
This is a key position in the synthesis, modification, and characterization of linear peptides, bicyclic peptides, and other relevant molecules for drug discovery projects. All applicants must be prepared to provide demonstrated experience in the following:
- Using standard procedures to perform synthesis related to peptides on a 1-20 mg scale.
- Purifying and characterizing synthetic products using HPLC, flash chromatography, lyophilization, and LC-MS.
- Keeping clear records of received materials, routines, protocols, and results, along with entering this information into an online system.
- Reporting summaries of results both internally and to external clients.
- MSc. or PhD in chemistry, or a related discipline.
- Experience with organic synthesis and familiarity with peptides.
- Experience with HPLC and/or flash chromatography, along with LC-MS, for characterization and/or purification of synthetic products.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
- Additional consideration for those with ability to work closely with biochemistry topics.
This full-time position has a term length of 12 month, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com