Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the billion-scale macrocycle therapeutic space. 48HD platform is used by major pharmaceutical companies ( https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ).
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Chemist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of chemistry experience with hands-on organic synthesis and characterization. A knowledge of peptide chemistry and purification of peptide-like molecules by HPLC / LCMS is desired. This position will be under the direct supervision of a senior scientist (Chemistry) at 48HD.
- Conduct peptide synthesis using an automatic peptide synthesizer
- Perform peptide purification using an HPLC and standardized protocol
- Organize characterization documents for chemical compounds / inventory.
- Perform chemical modification of peptides using established protocols.
- Perform daily maintenance of reagents and solvents for HPLC and peptide synthesizer
- Candidates that are open to growth and more responsibilities are welcomed.
- BS degree with major or specialization in Chemistry is desired.
- Degree candidates in chemistry programs can apply provided that they can commit to this full-time position.
- Experience with ChemDraw / SciFinder / chemical literature search.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
This position is available immediately until filled. This full-time position has a term length of minimum of 12 month, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com