Data Scientist, 48Hour Discovery
Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide / macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ).
We are currently seeking a creative and motivated data scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with machine learning. This candidate will develop automate, reusable models for predictive analytics in the peptide/macrocycle space.
This is a key position in developing the platform to discover future pharmaceutical leads while driving the adoption of AI. All applicants must be prepared to provide demonstrated experience in the following:
- Work with structured and unstructured raw data to design and develop innovative predictive models using machine learning techniques.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in various visual formats that provide insights.
Additional consideration will be given to individuals with experience in the following:
- Work with chemical/molecular structures.
- Work with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Data collected from phage display experiments.
- Bioinformatics background.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline, with (at minimum) graduate-level courses in machine learning, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2 years in implementing Machine Learning software.
- Strong research experience in machine learning, preferably in deep neural network architectures.
- Proficient in deep learning frameworks like PyTorch and scientific computing packages. Able to implement an algorithm as described in an academic paper using these frameworks in quality code.
- Strong computer science background, with experience in object-oriented programming, systems design, data structures and algorithms. Proficient in Python and/or R, with an interest in learning new languages.
- Familiarity with source control (Git) and Unix systems.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
This full-time position has a term length of 12 month, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org