Data Scientist, 48Hour Discovery
Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide / macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ).
We are currently seeking a creative and motivated data scientist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong prior knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry and experience with machine learning that involves chemical/molecular structures. This candidate will combine the knowledge of Machine Learning and chemical/molecular structures to develop automate, reusable models for predictive analytics in the peptide/macrocycle space.
This is a key position in developing the platform to discover future pharmaceutical leads while driving the adoption of AI. All applicants must be prepared to provide demonstrated experience in the following:
- Extensive knowledge in chemistry and/or biochemistry including chemical/molecular structures.
- Work with structured and unstructured raw data to design and develop innovative predictive models using machine learning techniques.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in various visual formats that provide insights.
Additional consideration will be given to individuals with experience in the following:
- Work with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Data collected from phage display experiments.
- Bioinformatics background.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related discipline, with (at minimum) graduate-level courses in machine learning, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 2 years in implementing Machine Learning software.
- Extensive knowledge in chemistry and/or biochemistry. Familiar with chemical/molecular structure.
- Strong research experience in machine learning, preferably in deep neural network architectures.
- Proficient in deep learning frameworks like PyTorch and scientific computing packages. Able to implement an algorithm as described in an academic paper using these frameworks in quality code.
- Strong computer science background, with experience in object-oriented programming, systems design, data structures and algorithms. Proficient in Python and/or R, with an interest in learning new languages.
- Familiarity with source control (Git) and Unix systems.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences.
This full-time position has a term length of 18 month, with the possibility of extension, and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com