48Hour Discovery Inc.
Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, AB and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide / macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ). We are seeking an entry level Full Stack Web Developer to become a contributor to our data and project management platform — 48HD.Cloud.
48HD.Cloud is our main source for big data storage, project tracking and results delivery to our clients. As the Full Stack Web Developer, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, database development and maintenance, creation of data management, analytics and visualization applications, and maintenance of existing web applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain user-friendly website
- Confer with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions
- Direct input and feedback on user experience and design interactions, and help inform technical decisions
- Build, test and deploy new features for modern web applications
- Clear communication with stakeholders on expectations and timelines
- Write clean and well documented code
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Adhere to security policies to encrypt all data on electronic devices, such as laptops, desktops and USB drives, to prevent unauthorized access, data loss or confidentiality breaches
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
Required Skills & Experience
You will need to be highly proficient with the following technologies and practices.
- Hands-on full stack web development experience
- Experience with Python web frameworks, such as Django and Flask
- Proficiency with object oriented programming and design such as Python
- Solid database skills in a relational database (MySQL)
- Experience and in-depth knowledge with Linux-based development
- Experience with AWS environment is a must
- Experience using git for version control
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with fundamental front-end languages such as HTML, CSS, etc
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.