Founded in 2017, 48Hour Discovery (48HD) is a Canadian biotechnology company with headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and satellite sites in San Diego, California and Seoul, South Korea. The 48HD genetically-encoded platform technology offers rapid discovery of pharmaceutical leads in the peptide / macrocycle therapeutic space to major pharmaceutical companies (example: https://tinyurl.com/yyvv626v ).
We are currently seeking a creative, motivated and self-directed scientist with strong biochemistry, biophysics and protein science knowledge and experience. The candidate is expected to work under minimal supervision and function effectively as part of a team.
This is a key position leading the development and execution of assays for a number of proteins of interest and their interaction with lead compounds generated by our technology platform.
Candidates will be expected to discuss their experience in the following areas:
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with biomolecular interaction assays such as ELISA, Flow Cytometry, Surface Plasmon Resonance, Bio-layer Inferometry, Isothermal Titration Calorimetry, etc.
- Practical experience with mammalian cell cultures.
- Self-directed selection and development of affinity assays for a broad range of proteins.
- Planning, prioritization and execution of molecular interaction measurements.
- Training of staff and supervision.
- Project management skills.
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology or a related field. Additional experience in industrial or academic setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in biomolecular binding characterization, including deep understanding of binding kinetics, affinity, epitope, and mechanism of action, using various approaches.
- Excellent documentation, organizational and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
This is a full-time permanent position offering a comprehensive benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org